Monday, April 10, 2017

Fast and fabulous cinnamon rolls

Yellow tulips and the smell of cinnamon rolls fresh out of the oven.. Easter has officially started!
Today I couldn't agree with myself if I wanted a nap or cinnamon rolls more. I decided that I wanted both, which meant I had to make em' fast to have time for a nap before the gym.
So what I did was slam together the recipe I gave you the other day for the super fast brioche burger buns, and added some extra sugar.

  • 300 ml - 1 1/4 cups milk, warmed (about 43C / 110F)
  • 1 packet dry yeast
  • 200g - 1/3 cup sugar
  • 80g - 1/3 cup melted butter
  • 2 small eggs
  • 490g - 3 1/2 cups of flour
  • 1/2 ts salt

Preheat your oven to 220C / 425F.
Mix milk, yeast, sugar, melted butter and egg in a mixer. Add the flour and salt, and mix well with a dough hook on low speed for about 5 minutes. The dough should feel smooth and elastic.
Add more flour if it seems to be to wet. Leave the dough to rise for about 10-20 min, depending on how eager you are to get the finished product in hand. I waited 10 minutes..
Put the dough on a floured surface and flatten with a rolling pin.
Spread softened butter on the dough, and sprinkle with cinnamon, sugar and a little brown sugar if you have that on hand.
Roll up, cut into pieces and put them on a lined baking sheet. 

Bake for about 15 minutes, until they are golden brown. They are better under-cooked rather than over-cooked, so don't leave them in to long.

I made a super easy, but really tasty cream cheese frosting
  • 2 tbsp soft butter
  • 6 tbsp light cream cheese
  • 1/2 - 1 cup powdered sugar
Mix the butter and cream cheese in a bowl, and add powdered sugar a little at the time, until you get the desired consistency.
Mix well, and spread over your rolls. Delish!

No comments:

Post a Comment