Friday, April 7, 2017

Amazing oatmeal cookies

I'm a sucker for cookies. I'm also a sucker for eating healthy. Whenever I find a recipe that combines these two, I'm one happy camper.

Oatmeal cookies are somewhat of a gem, that I don't think get the attention it deserves. The oats leave you feeling full for a long time, and you can add whatever filling you want. So it's totally up to you if you want a super healthy or not so healthy cookie.
I usually end up somewhere in the middle.



























My somewhere in the middle recipe is as followed

  • 3 tbsp vegetable oil
  • 1/2 ts salt
  • 1/2 ts baking soda
  • 1/4 cup of honey
  • 1 large egg
  • 1 tbsp water
  • 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
  • 1 1/2 cups of rolled oats
  • 1/2 cup of brown sugar OR sweetener equivalent to 1/2 cup of sugar. I used Sukrin Gold
Preheat oven to 175C / 350F.
In a bowl, mix the oil, salt, egg, sugar, honey and water until smooth.
Add the dry ingredients and mix well.
Then you can add whatever flavors you'd like. I went all in this time,and put in chopped hazelnuts, raisins and dark chocolate.

Drop teaspoonfuls onto a lined or greased baking tray, push them down lightly (they don't go runny), and bake for about 12-15 minutes.

You can also top them with the most delicious salted caramel sauce I've ever had, if you really want to go all in. I'll teach you how to make that in a different post ;) 


No comments:

Post a Comment